ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
To inculcate the right mix of knowledge, attitudes and character in students to enable them take up positions of responsibility in the society and make significant contributions.To produce talented Electrical and Electronics Engineers through quality education, to be a Center of Excellence and become a source of cutting edge technologies in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering. To become a preferred partner in the area of collaborative research among national and international organizations.
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering is committed to develop innovative, competent, efficient disciplined and quality Electrical and Electronics Engineers. To enrich knowledge and encourage the students to become Entrepreneurs. To produce Engineers who can participate in Technical Advancement and Social enlistment of the country and to meet the growing global challenges. To prosper in Academic Activities by continual improvement in Teaching methods, Laboratory facilities and Research activities. To develop consultancy for various industries.
The department functions with efficient faculty and prolonged laboratory facilities for various labs including electrical machines, Control system, Measurement and instrumentation etc.. The teaching and research activities are supported by a team of Director,Professors and Lecturers who provide high standards of teaching and learning and who are well qualified and experienced with profound knowledge in their fields of study.
Electrical engineers generally design, develop, test, and supervise the manufacture of electrical equipment. Some of the equipments include electric motors; machinery controls, lighting, and wiring in buildings; radar and navigation systems; power generation, controlling and transmission devices used by electric utilities. Electrical engineering focuses on the generation and supply of Electric power, whereas electronics engineering is the application of electricity to control systems or signal processing. Electrical & Electrical engineers specialize in areas such as power systems engineering or electrical equipment manufacturing, signal processing and control systems.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
At the time of graduation, Electrical Engineering students will come out with ability and knowledge to perform following parameters:
(a) Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
(b) Ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
(c) Ability to running a system, machines,component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
(d) Ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
(e) Ability to identify, formulate , and solve engineering problems
(f) An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
(g) Ability to communicate effectively
(h) The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
(i) A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
(j) A knowledge of contemporary issues
|S.NO||INDUSTRY VISITED||NAME AND DESIGNATION OF THE FACULTY ACCOMPANIED||NO.OF STUDENTS||YEAR AND SECTION|
|1.||KELTRON||NS.SATHISH G.KARTHIKEYAN K.POOVARAJU||60||II EEE&IIIEEE&IV EEE|
|2||NPCIL(KUDANKULAM)||NS.SATHISH G.KARTHIKEYAN K.POOVARAJU||60||II EEE&IIIEEE&IV EEE|
The department Courses Offered
B.E (ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS Engineering )
M.E (POWER ELECTRONICS AND DRIVES)
• Electrical Machines Lab. Electric Circuits Lab.
• Control and Instrumentation Lab.
• Linear and Digital Integrated Circuits Lab.
• Power System Simulations Lab.
• Power Electronics and Drives Lab.
• Engineering Practices Lab.
• Embedded Systems Lab.
• Electronics Lab.
• Microprocessor and Microcontroller Lab.
Value Added Courses :
• Embedded system
• EEE CAD
• There is no fixed or standard career path for a civil engineer.
• Much depends upon particular specialty they choose where they work and the individual engineer's ability to continue learning and growing on the job.
• Although the studies that the engineering student does in college prepare the new to be engineer to enter the workforce, here is much more practical knowledge that is to be learned on the job environment.
• About one-third of Electrical engineering positions are government jobs, either at state, central or local level.
• The other two-thirds are associated in some way with construction or the supervision of facilities.
• The greatest majority of Electrical engineering careers are with applications firms or construction companies.
• These jobs are associated with the design, analysis, construction and repair of a wide variety of machines; including everything from skyscrapers, to bridges, to water treatment facilities.
• Electrical engineers working in these types of offices will work as part of a project team, working together with other electrical engineers and designers.
• They would most likely find themselves assigned responsibility for a part of a project, such as designing the footings for a bridge or the central support column of an office building.
• In these types of projects, the work of the individual engineer must be constantly coordinated with the work of the other engineers and architects on the design team and should proceed hand in hand.